Dear young colleagues, newcomers and researchers interested in EWOG topics,
We are looking forward to meeting you at the 10th International Symposium of the European Working Group of Myelodysplastic Syndromes (EWOG-MDS) and Severe Aplastic Anemia (EWOG-SAA) in Childhood.
We prepared an Introductory Session (September 28th from 9 – 12:00 prior to the opening of the Symposium) for all newcomers to provide some insight into EWOG and the fascinating world of rare diseases we are studying.
During this introductory session we will briefly talk about:
- Genetic predisposition to marrow failure and myelodysplasia.
- Severe aplastic anemia and refractory cytopenia of childhood: why and how to differentiate.
- High risk myelodysplasia and acute myeloid leukemia: a spectrum.
- Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia: an overview.
- SAA, MDS and JMML in the context of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- EWOG MDS/SAA: structure of this working group.
To meet other young colleagues, we scheduled a Young EWOG breakfast on the 29th of September at a location close to the venue (more details upon registration).
Furthermore, we encourage young scientists to submit an abstract. Authors < 40 years of age with the best abstracts will be given the opportunity to co-chair sessions at the scientific program.
Young colleagues can apply for travel grants. Learn more and apply here.
Come and join us to become part of the very vivid EWOG community!
If you need any help with childcare or other special assistance please let us know.
For any organizational questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of the Education Committee
Marc Bierings, MD
Prinses Máxima Centrum voor kinderoncologie BV The Netherlands